Eligible members include staffing firms, direct-hire/permanent placement or consulting firms.
1. Legal and Legislative Representation
- NYSA’s General Counsel is Joel A. Klarreich, Esq., Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt LLP
- NYSA's Associate General Counsel is Jason Klimpl, Esq., Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt LLP
- NYSA's State Lobbyist is Peter R Crouse, Albany Director of Government Relations for Davidoff Malito & Hutcher LLP
- NYSA's New York City Lobbyist is John McCarthy of Bolton St. Johns.
2. Free Programming and Events
The Calendar of Events features free educational and training events produced by NYSA Industry Partners on a variety of topics that are relative and important to the staffing industry. NYSA also offers webinars for members.
3. Enhanced Paid Program Events at Member Discounts
All NYSA members receive substantial discounts to attending our paid events, including our Annual Conference: Super Seminar Day, our Annual Membership Meeting and Holiday Party, as well as special speaker presentations.
4. Special Offers and Discounts from Industry Partners
We’ve increased the size, range, and depth of expertise of our Industry Partners in order to provide our membership great choice and benefits including access to trusted and qualified subject matter experts. Industry Partners often offer member-only discounts, including the New York Group Disability Program.
5. Continuing Education Credit Hours
All NYSA programs and educational events will earn you hours that count towards your continuing education requirements with the American Staffing Association for your CSP, TSC and CSC certifications.
6. Affiliation with the American Staffing Association
The New York Staffing Association (NYSA) is the local affiliated chapter of the American Staffing Association (ASA). The American Staffing Association promotes legal, ethical, and professional practices for the $91 billion U.S. staffing industry on the national level. ASA members account for 85% of U.S. staffing industry sales and operate more than 15,000 offices throughout the nation. Chapters serve as the voice of the staffing industry in communications with state and local association members, legislative leaders, regulators, news media, businesses, employees, and residents.
7. Online Social & Professional Networking Groups
NYSA Groups on the following on-line professional and social networking sites available to NYSA Members ONLY:
- Linked In* is where NYSA members can network and connect while sharing best practices. i
- Facebook* is where NYSA promotes links to register for events and gives members the power to share and comment on our activities.
- Twitter* is where you can keep up to date with NYSA's latest local events and photos.
8. Free Subscription to the NYSA Newsletter
NYSA emails a weekly newsletter brief to keep you and your staff abreast of all the exciting things going on in our efforts to educate, communicate and legislate industry matters to you. The NYSA News also includes a wrap up of all the top news stories for the week that were published relative to the New York market.
9. Recognition as a Top Staffing Firm in New York
Because NYSA members and their companies are held to a strict Code of Ethics and Good Practices, being a NYSA member gives you a stamp of approval as a top staffing firm in New York. In today’s changing economy, businesses know to look for the NYSA seal when considering using a staffing agency to fill their needs. Using the NYSA logo on business cards, marketing materials, profiles, websites and advertising is a member-only benefit. The New York Staffing Association is a 50+ year organization that consistently wins National Awards for Outstanding Legislative Efforts, Superior Excellence in Chapter Achievement and Corporate Social Responsibility. NYSA sets the bar exceedingly high among ASA affiliated chapters and is a leader among state trade associations.
10. Ongoing Membership Benefits: Legislation, Education, Communication
- Legislative Representation as a Unified Voice
- Networking and peer support
- Resource library and research tools
- Membership Directory
- Membership Certificate
- Online listing on the NYSA website
- Online Event Registration for Groups or Individuals
- Educational Opportunities and Professional Development
- Volunteer and Leadership Opportunities
- Use of the NYSA Logo on your company’s marketing collateral
- Advocacy and Lobbyist Updates
- Sponsorship and Advertising Opportunities
- Alignment with American Staffing Association
- A Unified Voice for the Staffing Industry
- Exclusive Invitations to NYSA groups and activities
- Support from our Executive Director
- The knowledge that NYSA is here to communicate, educate and legislate on your behalf
- Access to the NYSA Members-only exclusive events
- Membership for companies not located in New York City, but do operate staffing businesses in New York state
- Limited Local Programming
Membership Pricing: $500, paid yearly.
Metro Level I Membership
- Membership for companies located in New York City
- Companies have an annual revenue of $10 Million or more
Membership Pricing: $2000, paid yearly.
Metro Level II Membership
- Membership for companies located in New York City
- Companies have an annual revenue of $10 Million or less
Membership Pricing: $1250, paid yearly.
Note: All Staffing Member memberships are subject to approval by NYSA.
Contact us for more information.